January 15, 2006

Oh, the Glamour!


I re-read The Thin Man last fall and then stuck the movie on my Netflix queue and promptly forgot about it until it showed up in my mailbox last weekend. No wonder everyone raves about this movie. It's splendid and oh so glamorous! Myrna Loy's fantastic costumes, the witty repartee, the romantic train ride to San Francisco in a private car. It's not as hard-boiled as the book but it's perfect in its own way. I don't know how I managed not to see it all these years, but it's such a pleasure to know there are still wonderful movies out there that I haven't yet seen. I only hope the sequels are half as good. --Kim

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:34 PM

    Yes, the rest of the movies are about "half as good," and thoroughly enjoyable. What a treat...

    ReplyDelete