July 27, 2006

Whereabouts: James McAvoy (Is On Fire)

In doing some research for the previous post, I noticed that our Mr. Tumnus the Faun has been very busy of late, and deservedly so--His performance in Chronicles of Narnia was spot on. The Scottish actor was previously in an adaptation of Children of Dune and I recently caught him in Bright Young Things, a clever retelling of Evelyn Waugh's Vile Bodies.

But here are the new projects to which he is currently attached: Macbeth (see below), The Last King of Scotland with Gillian Anderson and the Forest Whitaker, the "modern day offbeat fable" Penelope, the Jane Austen biopic Becoming Jane, and Atonement, an adaptation of one of my favorite novels. --Kim

Image: According to IMDB, McAvoy is "Is a highly skilled boxer, fencer and rugby player and is also a fire eater." Hot.

4 comments:

  1. Is it wrong that I absolutely dug him as Mr. Tumnus? Because I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's wrong, I don't wanna be right. --Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:41 PM

    James totally Rox my Sox! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:12 PM

    I LIKE MOVIE BECOMING JANE IT WAS GREAT. HE IS GREAT IN DOING PICTURES LIKE THAT. AGAIN I SAY AGAIN THEY DO NOT MAKE PICTURES LIKE THAT ANYMORE. THESE MOVIES TODAY ARE JUNK. GO BACK TO DOING THE PICTURES OF THE 70S AND 80S. WHERE ALL THIS SEX AND COURSING ARE NOT THE MAIN ATTRACTIONS.THE PICTURES LIKE IN THE 1800S AND FURTHER BACK IN THE YEARS.

    ReplyDelete