August 8, 2006

M. Night's Latest Pity Party

In order to prevent any more bashing from the media, director M. Night "Cry Me a River" Shyamalan says he's considered not including his name on his next film, an adaptation of Yann Martel's The Life of Pi. (As if he could really keep his involvement on this highly anticipated project on the down-low?) The best-selling book recounts the survival tale of an Indian boy and a dangerous Bengal tiger, both trapped on a small lifeboat in the middle of the Pacific ocean. Considering Shyamalan has a penchant for waxing philosophical in his films, I'm guessing he'll do a good job with this. I loved the book, which I read while snowed in for several days in Cincinnati a few Christmases ago. I was thrilled to have this book to pass the time. -- Amy

1 comment:

  1. I liked this book too, and if he's involved, that would actually make me want to see it, so I'm not sure why he'd want it off.

    ReplyDelete