March 30, 2009

Blame It On Shakespeare

I've always thought it I ever bumped into Ben Kingsley in public I would probably meekly cower in the corner or scream and run away. Maybe it was his badassity in Sexy Beast... Maybe it was because he played such an a-hole when he cameo'd as himself on "Entourage..." And as someone who has interviewed less than cooperative actors in my day, I can sympathize with how the Guardian's Rachel Cooke was a little freaked by the prospect of interviewing Mr. Ghandi himself. So it was with great pleasure that I read her interview and discovered that, contrary to both of our preconceived notions, he's actually something of a teddy bear! The image of him with a ziplock bag of Fisherman's Friends took the scary away, just like that!

He gives some props to Shakespeare, and I was hoping he'd talk about his role in Christopher Rush's "Will," (a fictional account of the Bard's deathbed meeting with his lawyer to discuss his last will and testament) but no such luck. We'll just have to wait for more news on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment