June 13, 2005

teany

During our recent trip to New York (to celebrate the launch of my new book) Kim and I popped in for afternoon tea at teany, the vegan tea room owned by Moby and his ex-girlfriend.

For a mere $14 each, we were treated to an ample array of delicious sandwiches, scones and petit fours. While I'm not usually gung-ho on vegan cuisine, the food was excellent, including sandwiches of chedder and pickle, avocado and cream cheese and tomato pesto. Despite the 90-degree temperatures outside, we opted for hot tea and were not disappointed. I liked Kim's Earl Grey Cream tea so much I bought a container to take home.

It was more food than we could eat and we enjoyed the cheerful-yet-hipster-like setting in the lower East Side. If you're in Manhattan, check out this alternative to the city's more expensive high tea options. -- Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment