April 13, 2008

Who Shot Cardinal Wolsey?

I have a confession to make... I've secretly been downloading season 1 of Showtime's The Tudors via iTunes all weekend. Basically a sexy soap like Dallas or Dynasty, The Tudors is of course set in the 16th century. It's not witty like the first season of The OC and it doesn't hold a candle to The Sopranos or Six Feet Under, but the costumes are to die for and Jonathan Rhys Meyers is really fantastically watchable as Henry VIII. Bottom line though, it's a guilty pleasure at best. As my penance, I'm reading the Lisle Letters which are just full of juicy contemporary gossip and political intrigue from the period. One wonders why, with all the fabulous material to plunder, the show's writers would choose to wreak such havoc with the facts. Well, I must dash--episode 7 just finished downloading. --Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment