April 18, 2008

My Boy Jack...

Daniel Radcliffe has always sort of bothered me, and he does so even more when sporting a 'stache, thereby giving me pause about whether or not to tune in to this week's Masterpiece "Classic" to see an adaptation of Rudyard Kipling's My Boy Jack, which I'm unfamiliar with anyway. But it does star over-sexed Samantha Jones, a.k.a. Kim Cattrall, and that could be interesting to behold.

Here's the preview.

By the way, am I the only one completely mesmerized by Gillian Anderson's lips in those introductions? They are like an entity unto themselves. Makes me want to reach for the nearest syringe full of collagen. But what's up with her being in Maxim? Ewww. The pics aren't too skanked-out, but still... Russell Baker and Alistair Cooke would never have resorted to using their sex appeal like that.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I just watched the first half of this, and while it's OKAY, the more important thing to be said here is, "Thank god for Lasik!" (Which I'm too much of a scaredy cat to get, by the by,, but still....so much to-do about the poor boy's specs!!!) I went to the optometrist today and kept thinking about little Harry Potter and his gum on the bridge of his glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also...I should point out that this film is not an adaptation of Rudyard Kipling's work but rather, an adaptation of a play by David Haig about Kipling and his family.

    ReplyDelete