January 29, 2007

Jane's Addiction


I swooned, I cried, I suffered from Bertha-like fits of hysteria. Just finished watching Parts I and II of Jane Eyre on Masterpiece Theater, and here's what I came away with from the experience. -- Amy

1. Surly bad boys, in any era, are babes.
2. If a man repeatedly calls you a witch, he just might be flirting with you.
3. If your co-worker warns you to keep your doors locked at bedtime, maybe you should be concerned.
4. Play hard to get by telling your sexy boss that you find him physically revolting.
5. When having your fortune read, make sure the guy you're crushing on is not eavesdropping, lest you find yourself completely and utterly mortified.
6. When your boss asks you, "Do you faint at the sight of blood?" prepare for the worst.
7. Reuniting with long-lost cousins and inheriting twenty thousand pounds can be remarkably boring when you could be getting it on with an issue-laden, uber-rich hottie.
8. A red scarf can add flair to the drabbest of gray dresses.
9. It's remarkably fun to watch snobby child-haters get dissed, romantically.
10. It's okay to mess with a blind guy's head -- just a little bit-- in return for the hell he put you through on your almost-wedding day.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that was so good. I LOVED it. That said, it was a shame we didn't get to see Rochester cross-dressing as said gypsy. Also, do you know why the the Orson Welles version isn't really available anywhere? I would love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure about the Orson Welles version, but if you haven't seen it, you should check out the version starring Ciaran Hinds and Samantha Morton. Not sure it was as good as this one, but i remember loving it. -- Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:17 PM

    I have to say, I was not a huge fan of this Rochester. He seemed too model-ish, and not rugged enough. Jane rocked it though, and I loved her red scarf. And of course, even though I didn't like this Rochester, I still cried like a baby at the end. Wept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, my thoughts were very much like yours... I too loved the Ciaran Hinds version for its passion, although this one was better at fleshing out the non Jane and Rochester aspect of the story. It's hard to do wrong by such a wonderful novel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:31 PM

    Loved the timeline on your blog, fellow-ette! -- amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I added the Ciaran Hinds version to my netflix queue. Thanks for the rec. Fellow-ette, your timeline was a trip.

    ReplyDelete