January 29, 2007
I swooned, I cried, I suffered from Bertha-like fits of hysteria. Just finished watching Parts I and II of Jane Eyre on Masterpiece Theater, and here's what I came away with from the experience. -- Amy
1. Surly bad boys, in any era, are babes.
2. If a man repeatedly calls you a witch, he just might be flirting with you.
3. If your co-worker warns you to keep your doors locked at bedtime, maybe you should be concerned.
4. Play hard to get by telling your sexy boss that you find him physically revolting.
5. When having your fortune read, make sure the guy you're crushing on is not eavesdropping, lest you find yourself completely and utterly mortified.
6. When your boss asks you, "Do you faint at the sight of blood?" prepare for the worst.
7. Reuniting with long-lost cousins and inheriting twenty thousand pounds can be remarkably boring when you could be getting it on with an issue-laden, uber-rich hottie.
8. A red scarf can add flair to the drabbest of gray dresses.
9. It's remarkably fun to watch snobby child-haters get dissed, romantically.
10. It's okay to mess with a blind guy's head -- just a little bit-- in return for the hell he put you through on your almost-wedding day.