May 17, 2006

Get a Whiff of This

Given that Kim and I splurged this weekend on some new perfume at Venice's swanky "perfume bar," Strange Invisible, it only seems appropriate to include some early reviews (courtesy of Ain't It Cool News) of Tom Tykwer's "Perfume: Story of a Murder," adapted from Patrick Suskind's novel. Sounds like Tykwer (of Run, Lola, Run fame) really manages to capture a cinematic sense of smell, which is an integral -- make that THE integral -- part of the tale. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product when it's officially released in December. -- Amy

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:23 PM

    I don't know. If Knowles' perfume tastes are as lousy as his cinematic tastes, color me skeptical. Still, I can't think of a single filmmaker who has unleashed a perfume like this. The real question: I know that Tykwer and Franka Potente split up, but why not a Lola-based perfume for the woman on the run?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splurge is right. No buyer's remorse as yet, though I'll probably be eating cereal for dinner tonight. Also, I haven't been brave enough to give the Lyric Rain sample a test run. Apparently I won't be able to walk down the street without guys rushing me like zombies on Cillian in 28 Days Later. By the way, the Strange Invisibles site is ridiculous... I have no attention span for that sort of thing. Eau de Run Lola Run? Brilliant! --Kim

    ReplyDelete