November 7, 2007

The Tell-Tale Heart

"The Simpsons" did a send-up of this Edgar Allan Poe short story (remember Lisa's diorama?), and now, the horror is making its way to the big-screen, with Josh Lucas signed-on for a contemporized adaptation. The premise: Lucas plays a single father whose recently transplanted heart leads him on a search to find his organ donor's killer before the same fate befalls him.
Source: Hollywood Reporter

FYI, here's the brilliant beginning to Poe's tale:
TRUE! - nervous - very, very dreadfully nervous I had been and am; but why will you say that I am mad? The disease had sharpened my senses - not destroyed - not dulled them. Above all was the sense of hearing acute. I heard all things in the heaven and in the earth. I heard many things in hell. How, then, am I mad? Hearken! and observe how healthily - how calmly I can tell you the whole story.

No comments:

Post a Comment