October 16, 2006

Gorgeous Costumes + Young Magicians on the Rise


Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale will star in The Prestige, Christopher Nolan's (Memento) tale of two rival magicians in 19th century London. Sounds eerily similar to Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, which Amy really loved and I wanted to love (I found the footnotes to be a frustrating gimmick that drove me batty). Michael Caine, David Bowie, Scarlet Johannson, and Piper Perabo will also get to wear fabulous costumes in the film, which looks lovely. More pix and details here. --Kim

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the Illusionist yet, but I'm definitely intrigued by all the magicians in movies lately. This one sounds particularly awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thet are making a jonathan strange movie its on imdb but there is no information yet

    ReplyDelete