April 6, 2007

Tivo Alert!

Masterpiece Theater takes on Kenneth Grahame's The Wind in the Willows this Sunday, April 8, starring Matt Lucas (better known as Cousin Tom in the hilarious Shaun of the Dead) as Mr. Toad and Bob Hoskins as Badger. Anna Maxwell Martin (Esther from Bleak House) appears as the gaoler's daughter. I love this book and saw it performed as a play when I was a kid where all the actors really, truly looked liked the animals in question. Based on the preview featured on the PBS site, the costuming here is a bit more subtle -- I guess I'll just have to use my imagination this time around. (Hopefully great acting will help.) Since I've got my own spring cleaning to tackle this weekend, it's a fitting flick. (And perfect for Easter night!) -- Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment