March 8, 2007

So Much For Sebastian

Thanks to a tip from an anonymous poster, we've heard that the 2008 version of Brideshead Revisited won't focus on poor little booze-swilling, teddy-bear-lovin' rich boy, Sebastian Flyte, and will instead deal more with the relationship between Sebastian's sister, Julia and his college pal, Charles Ryder. I never read the book, so maybe I'm totally wrong, but I thought Sebastian (played by Anthony Andrews in the 1981 version) was actually the only semi-interesting character in that story! I'll hold my peace, since Andrew Davies is responsible for the screenplay, and I pretty much love everything that comes out of his genius head. By the way, it now appears that Matthew Goode and Ben Whishaw will play Charles and Sebastian (not Paul Bettany and Jude Law, as had been once widely reported. No offense to Matthew or Ben, but talk about your downgrade!) -- Amy

1 comment:

  1. No Sebastien? AND no Paul or Jude? I'm not liking the sound of this.

    ReplyDelete